We`re Play Project
Play Project works with many talented instructors and coaches, here are some of the main faces you'll see:
Trevor de Groot
Owner, Founder & Coach
Trevor has been training parkour since the end of 2008 and has been teaching parkour since 2010. Trevor is a certified parkour instructor, and an NCCP level 2 gymnastics instructor. Through parkour he has had the opportunities to work with various clients such as H&R Block, Nike, Fujifilm and The Hamilton Tiger Cats.
Founder & Coach
Ethan has been training parkour since 2010 and has been teaching parkour professionally since 2013. He is a certified parkour instructor, and an NCCP Level 2 trampoline coach. Ethan is currently completing a master’s degree in human kinetics, where he is researching parkour coach development.
Founder & Coach
Jeff is a passionate mover with a diverse background in athletics. He has been practicing parkour since 2007 and professionally coaching since 2013. He is passionate about the parkour community and making sure that good, safe instruction is readily available to practitioners of all skill levels.
Muhammed's positive attitude, commitment to training, and willingness to learn make him a great role model within the parkour community. He has trained parkour since 2011 and was initially drawn to parkour because of the values of personal improvement that are so closely tied to the discipline.
Play Project Parkour – Summer Programming 2016
Duration: 10 weeks of programming.
Start Dates: July 7th/July 9th (Burlington), July 10th (Hamilton).
-Spencer Smith Park – 1400 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington
-Pier 4 Park – 64 Leander Dr, Hamilton
Cancellations: Classes will be cancelled on July 28th, July 30th, July 31st, September 1st, September 3rd and September 4th.
Finish Dates: As a result of the above cancellations Thursday, Saturday and Sunday classes will finish on September 22, 24 and 25th.
Cost: $176.99 + tax ($200.00 total).
Inclement Weather Policy: If classes are cancelled due to weather, Play Project will credit your account the value of the class that was cancelled for use towards future Play Project programming.
Final Details: A final details email will be sent out to all the registrants the week before class. The email will include information such as meeting locations, what to wear, what to bring, etc.
T-Shirts: Play Project shirts will also be for sale for $20/shirt.
Burlington – Thursday Schedule
-Kids – 6-8y – 4:00pm-5:00pm [3 spots]
-Teen – 13-17y – 5:00pm-6:00pm [1 spot]
-Youth – 9-12y – 6:00pm-7:00pm [FULL]
-Adult – 18+y – 7:00pm-8:00pm [4 spots]
Burlington – Saturday Schedule
-Youth – 9-12y – 10:00am-11:00am [1 spot]
-Kids – 6-8y – 11:00am-12:00pm [4 spots]
-Advanced – 9-12y – 12:00pm-1:00pm [FULL]
-Teen – 13-17 – 1:00pm-2:00pm [6 spots]
Hamilton – Sunday Schedule
-Youth – 9-12y – 10:00am-11:00am [1 spot]
-Kids – 6-8y – 11:00am-12:00pm [2 spots]
Other Programming Options
-Parkour Stunts/Media Services
For more information about our programming, please contact us or send an email to email@example.com. If you are interested in our programming but do not see an option that suits your needs, please get in touch with us and we will work towards creating a programming option that is specifically catered for you.
Summer 2016 Cancellation Policy
If a participant would like to drop out of the program or class that they are registered in, the following refunds will be applied:
-After first week of class – Participant is refunded $165.00.
-After second week of classes – Participant is refunded $130.00.
-After third week of classes – No refunds will be issued.
Register For Classes
If you have registered in our programs before and you have already created an online profile, please log in to the Play Project registration website and skip to step 8 on the registration checklist below.
If you are new to our programming please follow the steps in the registration check list below:
- Click here to open up our Play Project registration website.
- Enter your first and last name in the “New To Our Site?” forum on the right, then click next.
- Fill in all of the Contact Information forms for yourself.
- Fill in the Log In Information forms and create a password that you will use to log in to our site every time you register yourself or your children.
- If you are registering your children, click the “Add Family Members” option and add in information for your children, be sure to select the “paid for by…” option to “yes” and be sure to include your child’s date of birth.
- Scroll down, reading the liability waiver as you scroll.
- If you have read the waiver and agree to the terms, click the check box that says “I agree with the above terms,” then hit the “Create Account” button.
- You should now be on your account’s profile page. All of your information that you just entered will be displayed under personal. To navigate your account you can use the menu bars in the top right.
- In order to register yourself or a child in any of our programs, click the “Enrollments” tab in the topmost menu bar.
- The “Enrollments” page lists all of the different programming options that we offer, as well as information about each program, such as the day of the week, the description, a start and end date, and the time of the programming.
- Now you can scroll down to the program that you like and click the “Sign Up Now” button.
- If you are having difficulty finding the program you are looking for, you can search for the one you want by clicking the “All Class Types” drop down menu at the top right of the page and selecting the age group or program type that you are trying to find.
- Once you have clicked the “Sign Up Now” button on the program you would like to register yourself or your child in, there will be buttons that say “Enroll With Credit Card (Currently Unavailable)” or “Enroll.” Click “Enroll,” since we currently do not offer payment via credit card, you will be paying by one of the methods that we highlight below (in step 16).
- If you try to register for a program that has different age requirements, our system will not allow you to do so, and instead of “Enroll” or “Enroll With Credit Card (Currently Unavailable)” options there will be text that says “[Program Name] has a reservation prerequisite that isn’t reflected in your information at Play Project. If you feel you meet the prerequisites, please contact Play Project.”
NOTE: Some participants have been cleared to register in different age groups based upon family logistics, or skill level. If you are one of these participants, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our administration staff will register your child accordingly.
- Once you have enrolled your child/yourself as unpaid the “My Schedule” page will open and it will show all of the weeks of the class you have registered for.
- Now that you have registered the participant’s spot in our program you can pay for the program. The programming that you chose will have had the price listed in it’s description, as well as on the Services section of this website. We require payment before or on the first day of programming. If you are registering for our summer classes the total amount is $200.00 ($176.99 + tax), the accepted methods of payment are as follows:
– eTransfer – You may send an eTransfer to email@example.com
– Cheque – You can mail a cheque (made out to Play Project Inc.) to 61 Randall Avenue, Stoney Creek, Ontario L8G 2K8.
– In Person – In situations where neither of the above two payment methods are possible, you can also pay on the first day via cash or cheque. If you choose this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we are aware you will be paying on the first day.
- When we receive your payment we will process it and update the payment status on your Play Project online account. That way you know when we have processed your payment. To verify the status of your payment you can log in to your account that you just created, and click My Info -> Account. If your payment hasn’t been processed yet it will say “Unpaid Burlington Classes”. If your payment has been processed you will be able to see that under My Info -> Purchase History.
- Once your payment has been processed and you are registered, everything is complete. Be sure to check your email inbox and junk mail during the week leading up to the participant’s first class, since we typically send out further class details such as what to bring on the first day and any special notes during that time period.